[Resolved] FS Recorder Error After Loading Flight

Report bugs and problems here

Moderator: noisy

[Resolved] FS Recorder Error After Loading Flight

Postby sonhospa » 23 Jan 2017, 07:50

Hello,

it's funny since this didn't happen before... so I have to say "without changing my configuration" I have an error when after loading a flight and pressing "P" to un-pause it. The error message says "An unexpected error occurred! Recording/playback will be stopped now!"

Did someone of you face that as well and probably found a clue how to make it work again?

Thank you
Mick
Last edited by sonhospa on 30 Apr 2017, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
sonhospa

Re: FS Recorder Error After Loading Flight

Postby fasurveyor » 27 Jan 2017, 04:49

Mick;

I've not realized or experienced this particular issue with FS Recorder 2.17a; sounds like a corrupted file. Did you manage to overcome this issue? If not, perhaps another download is in order?

On the other hand... When using the 'Playback' function of the recorded (*.FRC) file, particularly with A2A products, invariably, I find the engine and prop STOP after initially running. I've contacted A2A and they really don't have an 'answer' except to promote the 'magic' of the A2A experience. Not the kind of 'magical experience' I was anticipating with their products.

Should you or others experience the same and found a 'work-a-round'; I'd surely appreciate it. I've recorded now over 3yrs of flights and would be disappointed if there wasn't a 'solution'...
fasurveyor

[Resolved] S Recorder Error After Loading Flight

Postby sonhospa » 30 Apr 2017, 15:57

Hi,

it's been a while that I couldn't use the FS Recorder - whichever version - due to the mentioned error. The reason I finally found is very simple, and I want to store it here for other users:

FS Recorder didn't find the temp files directory on startup!

Recently, I started my old version FS2004 and had a similar error as indicted above, but in the respective version of FS Recorder I got a more specified error message saying "Didn't find temp file!". After checking the ini file of the FSX version, I saw an entry "TempDirectory=" with the required path... and I realized that I had deleted most of the temp files (including folders stored there) before, when I was in need of extra disk space.

All I had to do now is go to the respective directory and create a folder named "FS Recorder", so that the path specified in the ini file existed again.

I hope this helps other users facing such an error. Even other errors might be esasy to handle once you take into consideration that FS Recorder obviously stops working when entries in the ini file are missing or don't make sense.

Regards
Mick
sonhospa

Re: [Resolved] FS Recorder Error After Loading Flight

Postby fasurveyor » 02 May 2017, 12:59

Mick! Thanks for your message! So, you suggest creating an FSX Temp File somewhere? Where, and how do you connect (path) that to the flight simulator? (WHERE did you find this *.ini file?) I'd LOVE to give that a try! Your recommendation could very well be the solution to FSX too!

As for the 'prop' issue, I've found that if an A2A aircraft is actually up and running, prior to bringing in the FRC, that once in the Flight Recorder, one can actually use the FS Recorder Control Window or simply use the </> keys to move the FRC seconds of replay time, past that stop prop issue. EG: if you FIRST throttle up to typically 1250RPM on your joystick or Yoke control, then SECOND, move the running aircraft (started in FSX), on to the runway (in FS Recorder) using the </> keys or the Control Window, you can actually manipulate past that point where a low 'idle' will stop the prop! Try that and let me know if your solution with replacing the temp file and or this actually helped you! Would surely love to bypass this needless repetitive aggravation when reviewing Flight Recorder recorded flights! Again.. Thanx!
fasurveyor

Return to Support