Slight Modification to FRC Converter

Support and discussion about FS Recorder tools

Moderator: noisy

Slight Modification to FRC Converter

Postby whitav8 » 22 Oct 2012, 17:53

I am using the newest FRC converter for 2.18alpha and for use with a spreadsheet - specifically OpenOffice Calc, I would like the first row of actual data to NOT have "#Data:" in it - just spaces there and have that #Data string just be in the row above. Not a big issue, but I have to manually fix that up. Also, it would be really nice if the column headings were the first 10 characters of the actual FSX variable name instead of "CustVarX". I am doing a lot of plotting of this data from many flights. Thanks much for the functionality of FSRecorder and FRC Converter!
whitav8

Re: Slight Modification to FRC Converter

Postby noisy » 25 Oct 2012, 09:43

Hi,

whitav8 wrote:I am using the newest FRC converter for 2.18alpha and for use with a spreadsheet - specifically OpenOffice Calc, I would like the first row of actual data to NOT have "#Data:" in it - just spaces there and have that #Data string just be in the row above. Not a big issue, but I have to manually fix that up.

Currently the text-to-FRC converter parses the text file line by line, where the beginning of the line defines how it is interpreted. If I split the #Data entry into two lines, I have to change that logic, I don't really like to do that.

However, I understand the problem. I'm thinking about modifying the format so that lines containing data samples start with something like "#Sample:". Do you think that would help to align columns?

Also, it would be really nice if the column headings were the first 10 characters of the actual FSX variable name instead of "CustVarX". I am doing a lot of plotting of this data from many flights. Thanks much for the functionality of FSRecorder and FRC Converter!

I agree that 'CustVarX' is not nice. The first 10 characters are probably not a good idea, as they could be identical for different FSX variables, but I'll try to find something better.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Re: Slight Modification to FRC Converter

Postby whitav852 » 03 Nov 2012, 00:22

Matthias,
Sorry to be a few days before I got back to you. As far as the column alignment, everything is fine if the Names line just starts with "TimeStamp" and nothing else before it - Excel will ignore all the lines/rows above that. Not sure how to make your logic work out corrrectly.
whitav852

Return to Tools