FS Recorder 2 - first info

Announcements about new releases

Moderator: noisy

FS Recorder 2 - first info

Postby noisy » 11 Jun 2009, 17:14

Hi all,

although the first public release is probably still a few months away, I found it's time to announce FS Recorder version 2. The new version is rewritten from scratch, which was necessary to make it simpler for me to integrate new features. This is also the reason why there was no new version for such a long time.

The new version will have several new features, including more flexible recording/playback, more recorded data and a new file format for better forward/backward compatibility and smaller file sizes. I have not yet decided on the final feature set of version 2.0, I'll post more details when getting closer to release.

Current state of development: Currently I have a version for FS2004 with most of the old features (except for advanced views and instant replay) and also some new ones working. No FSX version so far, but the FSX version will use the same code, only the class handling communication with FS has to be written.

Testers wanted!

I'm looking for a group of alpha/beta testers, who will do testing of version 2 before it's ready for a public release, to get bugs sorted out early and to test playback performance. I'm very busy with the development and can't spend hours for testing out every single feature and option myself, so I hope for your help.

Who can take part in testing?
If you want to take part in testing you should already be familiar with FS Recorder 1.3, the alpha versions won't have a manual included. Also there will be no installer in the first versions, so you should be able to install the module manually. Finally I expect from you to give me detailed feedback about problems and performance.

How can you take part in testing?
All downloads, feedback and discussion of the alpha/beta version will be done via a subforum on this board, which will be only accessible to the testers. If you want to take part in testing, register an account on this board (if you don't already have one) and send me a mail including your user name. As soon as I have FS2004 and FSX versions ready for testing all testers will be notified.

Finally here's a first screenshot of one of the new features (not yet completely finished):
The advanced playback dialog allows you to play multiple files together (also from different directories), to select for every single track, if you want to play it, to change the aircraft and tail number used for playback and to delay tracks relative to other tracks. And you can also save all the tracks into a single new frc file.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Re: FS Recorder 2 - first info

Postby janber » 11 Jun 2009, 18:32

Hi Matthias,

Long time ago ... he he .. I was also verry buzzy with personal things! :-)

Matthias,congrats to you ... to still have buzzy for us!!! Thanks in advance!!!

The problem is for me ... I fly only FSX and ... heli's ... grrr!

If I can help ... im ready ...

Succes

Best regards

Jan (heli)
janber

Postby Don Fraser » 11 Jun 2009, 20:05

Hello Matthias,

I am in the same boat , so to speak, FSX I'm afraid. When you are ready for FSX I would be willing to assist.

Don
Don Fraser

Postby noisy » 11 Jun 2009, 20:28

Seems I have to clarify some things: Alpha testing will not start right now, it will take me a few more weeks to get it stable enough for testing (especially as I'll be on on vacation for some time). Then I will release both FSX and FS9 versions together.
I thought I do the announcement early, so there's some time to find a group of testers. I'll add all testers to a group on this board and notify them once I'm ready.

Jan and Don, thanks for your interest, I'll add you to the testers group.

Best,
Matthias
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby zeonblue » 11 Jun 2009, 20:56

I have both 2004 and FSX installed as Im testing them on windows 7 so I would be interested in testing it.
Cheers.
zeonblue

Postby KenTel » 11 Jun 2009, 23:16

I run fs9 and FSX both on Vista 64, if that could help? I'm willing to assist.
KenTel

Postby Geoff_D » 12 Jun 2009, 04:22

Matthias

Would be glad to help you test the new FS-Recorder.

FSX: XP, and Vista64 (W7 in a few weeks)

Exciting new features.... great news :)

Geoff
(FSX Beta Tester)
Geoff_D

Postby micro » 14 Jun 2009, 07:43

Hope I'm not over-stepping my bounds, but here's a vid I made using 1.33.

http://vimeo.com/5148125

I'd like to test out 2.0
micro

Postby crispotts » 14 Jun 2009, 13:00

Well microbrewst- that just goes to show what a brill bit of programming FSR has turned out to be so I am sure we all look forward to the new version from the 'Boss'.
I used to be a programmer but way back in the 90's using Clipper but I am up for any testing help that is needed as I know what a slog it is writing code let alone beta testing it. Count me in.
Chris
Retired and usually plenty of time languishing in the Spanish sunshine.
FSX with acceleration package but still in Windows XP.
crispotts

Postby tomporte » 15 Jun 2009, 18:03

I hope you can help with testing,

I use FS2004 with Vista 32 bit
This movie I made with Fsrecorder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAPJg8cQ4no&fmt=22

Greets

Tom :wink:
tomporte

Next

Return to Announcements