FS Recorder 2 preview

Announcements about new releases

Moderator: noisy

FS Recorder 2 preview

Postby noisy » 06 Sep 2009, 17:10

Hi all,

I thought it's time to post some more info on the upcoming version 2. There's still a lot to do, and the release is still several weeks away, but development is going well. The current alpha version seems to run rather stable and to perform quite well, especially the FSX version, according to some testers, has much better playback performance now.
Here are some screenshots of the current alpha version:

FS Recorder 2 (alpha) in FSX:

The settings dialog:

The recording settings:

The new advanced playback dialog:
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Re: FS Recorder 2 preview

Postby X_eidos2 » 09 Oct 2009, 03:29

I'm excited about what's being brought to the flight sim community with version 2 of FS Recorder. What got me really excited was seeing some of the new things being added to the list of recorded events. Things like, exits, tailhook, and wingfold. While I was excited to see some of the new things in the screen shot, it was also frustrating to see that there was a slider on the side of the window listing the recorded events and it was only part way down, which means there were more new events being recorded, but we couldn't see what they were.

It's like being a kid again, just before Christmas, and you catch a glimpse of your parents bringing in a bunch of packages. You know something good is on it's way, but you can't see all the details as much as you would like.

Is there any chance of seeing a complete list of the events that the player will be able to record? Thanks
X_eidos2

Postby noisy » 11 Oct 2009, 11:07

X_eidos2 wrote:Is there any chance of seeing a complete list of the events that the player will be able to record? Thanks

In the current implementation the following data can be recorded:
  • Flight Controls
  • Flaps
  • Spoilers
  • Gear
  • Throttles
  • Propellers
  • Mixtures
  • Engines On/Off
  • Lights
  • Parking Brake
  • Smoke System
  • NAV Radios
  • COM Radios
  • Airspeeds
  • Autopilot On/Off
  • Concorde Nose Visor
  • Main Exit
  • Tailhook
  • Wing Fold
  • Ambient Wind (only for analysis, not used for playback)
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby Mugar17 » 11 Oct 2009, 18:18

I am thoroughly impressed by this interface. This is going to make FS machinima more in depth and easier than ever. One question though, will it record and playback helicopters as AI traffic?
Mugar17

Postby ukvoodoo » 14 Oct 2009, 09:57

Im continually amazed by how much you keep improving the best Flightsim add on ever Noisy =D> =D> =D>
ukvoodoo

Return to Announcements