FS Recorder 2.0 beta released

Announcements about new releases

Moderator: noisy

FS Recorder 2.0 beta released

Postby noisy » 25 Dec 2009, 16:17

Finally here is the first beta of FS Recorder 2 \:D/

It is now almost exactly a year since I started the complete rewrite of the code for version 2. The code has grown to more than 13000 lines (without comments and blank lines), and I spent lots of hours hacking FS9 and FSX to get the new features working.

FS Recorder 2 is rewritten from scratch. There are some exiting new features and lots of improvements in v2. Besides the new features I improved the FSX version a lot: Playback performance should be much better now, it should now be similar to the FS9 version; camera features (called advanced views in v1) are now also available in the FSX version.
I won't list all the new features here, I don't even remember all the small improvements right now. Just try the new version and read the manual, then you'll discover all of them ;-)

Before installing version 2, read the release notes in the manual! Keep in mind, that this is a beta version and is not well tested, there are probably still some bugs in it.

OK, enough words, here are the download links:

Download FS Recorder 2.0 beta for FS2004

Download FS Recorder 2.0 beta for FX

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and hope you enjoy the new version!

Matthias
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Re: FS Recorder 2.0 beta released

Postby syousef » 25 Dec 2009, 22:33

Thanks very much for creating the best addon for MSFS freeware or otherwise. I look forward to playing with the new version. Have a fantastic Christmas and New Year.
syousef

Postby majormajor42 » 26 Dec 2009, 02:48

just took it for a test run. Love it (I already loved it like most people)! So I wanted to try one of the new features - DOORS! I thought I set up the recording and playback options properly by checking the "main exit" boxes. When I tried to playback or 'play as traffic', the doors did not animate.

THEN, after looking at the pdf manual for some clues, I saw the same boxes in the lower right of the advanced playback menu. I check the main exit box and this time it WORKED! I was able to taxi up to the open cargo doors of a c-17 and c-130 that I had recorded a few minutes before. love it.

So I guess I am wondering why it didn't work in the simple playback options?

really not a big deal since I found a way around it. just need to recheck the main exit box every time I playback. not sure if this will happen with the tailhooks and other new options as well, didn't try it.

great work! Thank you!
merry christmas
donation sent
majormajor42

Postby wiltzei » 26 Dec 2009, 02:58

I don´t know, if I should post this on this section. Anyway, I encountered an error on the 1st try. I deleted v1´s dll.xml entry, the actual dll-file and the ini-file before installing v2 manually.

Code: Select all
FS Recorder for FSX Version 2.0 (Built Dec 25 2009)
26.12.2009 04:36:03

Module Entry Point
FSX Version: 10.0.61637.0
Error: Temp file 'F:\FSX\modules\recordertemp\FSRecorder.tmp1' could not be opened [TempFile::TempFile, line 27]
Error: File not opened [TempFile::addTrack, line 61]

Edit: Nevermind, I shouldn´t have created a subfolder for the temporary file. Its working now.

Thanks for your efforts. :)
wiltzei

Postby noisy » 26 Dec 2009, 09:21

Hi,

@majormajor42:

Thanks for your donation, got it :D
I will check the doors issue and try to fix it.

@wiltzei:

If you're using Windows 7 or Vista with UAC on, the error was probably caused by missing write permissions for the subfolder.

Best,
Matthias
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby noisy » 26 Dec 2009, 09:47

majormajor42 wrote:just took it for a test run. Love it (I already loved it like most people)! So I wanted to try one of the new features - DOORS! I thought I set up the recording and playback options properly by checking the "main exit" boxes. When I tried to playback or 'play as traffic', the doors did not animate.

THEN, after looking at the pdf manual for some clues, I saw the same boxes in the lower right of the advanced playback menu. I check the main exit box and this time it WORKED! I was able to taxi up to the open cargo doors of a c-17 and c-130 that I had recorded a few minutes before. love it.

So I guess I am wondering why it didn't work in the simple playback options?

really not a big deal since I found a way around it. just need to recheck the main exit box every time I playback. not sure if this will happen with the tailhooks and other new options as well, didn't try it.

I just tried it in both FS9 and FSX, with normal and traffic playback, but here it worked fine. Are you sure that the Main Exit option is checked in the Playback Settings (if you open the Settings dialog, then press the Set... button to the right of Show Playback Settings, is the Main Exit option checked)?
Also the advanced playback dialog should actually use the playback settings as default, i.e. if main exit is checked in the playback settings, it should be checked by default in the advanced play options, but you write, that you have to recheck it every time.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby majormajor42 » 26 Dec 2009, 13:46

oh my. I'm at work and was just reading the pdf over. It occurs to me that what I thought were the playback settings were just the AI traffic setting under the recorded data. somehow my head got mixed up last night when playing around. Just logged on and see that you already figured that out for me. sorry for wasting you time on this one. when I get home I'll verify that that was my mistake.
majormajor42

Return to Announcements