FS Recorder 2.0 beta 4 released

Announcements about new releases

Moderator: noisy

FS Recorder 2.0 beta 4 released

Postby noisy » 21 Feb 2010, 18:31

Beta 4 of FS Recorder 2.0 is now available. I hope this will be the last beta; if no further bugs show up, I will do some work on the manual and release the final 2.0 version within the next weeks.

Changes in beta 4:
  • Camera autozoom and panning mode (manual/automatic) are now saved
  • Renamed spot camera modes to Fixed to Aircraft, Follow (fixed Direction), Follow (fixed Heading) and Free
  • Some minor fixes and improvements

Downloads:

FS Recorder 2.0 beta 4 for FS2004
FS Recorder 2.0 beta 4 for FSX
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Re: FS Recorder 2.0 beta 4 released

Postby rassy7 » 24 Feb 2010, 01:54

Hi, I looked around for a while and couldn't find if this was already answered so I thought I'd just ask it here. Will the new 2.0 B4 version or possibly at least the 2.1 version allow for normal AI traffic playback when playing a "merged" .frc file in FSX? I know currently in FSX, even if the "play normal traffic" box is checked, all traffic except the recorded "merged" traffic will disappear.

Thanks for your help and the progress. This is REALLY turning a new leaf for FSX. A long time ago I payed for a program called FSTraffic. It allowed a user to basically do some of what FSRecorder does, but in a very limited way. Since the upgrade to FSX, I've been unable to find a suitable replacement. This is leaps and bounds beyond what even that program offered.

Thanks
~J
rassy7

Postby noisy » 27 Feb 2010, 09:24

rassy7 wrote:Hi, I looked around for a while and couldn't find if this was already answered so I thought I'd just ask it here. Will the new 2.0 B4 version or possibly at least the 2.1 version allow for normal AI traffic playback when playing a "merged" .frc file in FSX? I know currently in FSX, even if the "play normal traffic" box is checked, all traffic except the recorded "merged" traffic will disappear.

:-k really? In the 1.3 version there are three options: play recorded traffic should disable live AI traffic and only show recorded traffic, show normal traffic should keep live AI traffic enabled and not play recorded traffic (i.e. only play the first track of each frc file), and turn off traffic should show neither live nor recorded traffic. In v2 there are two independent options instead, Play recorded traffic and Disable FS Traffic during Playback. I just tried both v1.331 and v2.0 beta 4 in FSX and everything worked correctly; in v1.331 I selected show normal traffic, in v2.0 I unchecked Disable FS Traffic during Playback, and in both cases the normal FS generated AI traffic was there. With which version did you have that problem?
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby rassy7 » 27 Feb 2010, 22:11

Ya, I hadn't yet downloaded or tried with the Beta versions. I had only used the 1.331 and I know once files were merged, fs traffic was automatically disabled in FSX. But, I downloaded the BETA 4 version and clicked "recorder playing traffic" when I recorded the second track (same as, and way easier than merging tracks) and it worked fine with the disable fstraffic box unchecked. Wonderful tool as I mentioned before. Thanks for your help.

~J
rassy7

Postby rassy7 » 27 Feb 2010, 23:48

One last question. The new frc files don't work with the "rename it" and the "recorder toolbox" downloads. Is there a workaround for this or an updated version of these programs to use with the new BETA frcs?

~J
rassy7

Postby noisy » 28 Feb 2010, 08:49

As the frc format has completely changed in v2, these tools no longer work without being updated. I can't tell if the authors have plans to update them. But for merging frc files and changing aircraft you can use the advanced play dialog of v2. It allows to open multiple files, select individual tracks, change the aircraft for each track and to save it as new frc file.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby rassy7 » 28 Feb 2010, 21:14

Ok, that makes sense. That will work for now. Thanks again.

~J
rassy7

Postby Orest Skrypuch » 04 Apr 2010, 18:53

Matthias,

Usually when I try to load an FRC that someone else recorded, the exact aircraft is missing in my setup, which I presume generates the "Failed to initialize Aircraft 777" type message, which you have to dismiss. Not a big problem, except that sometimes the dismiss message dialog will get blocked, and you get a hang. Any way to suppress this message? This is in FS9.

For the final 2.0 release can you consider changing:

1) the Mag & True heading to xxx* format from xxx.x* format, decimal degrees aren't significant

2) similarly, the Lat/Long to xxx* xx.x' format, the hundredth of a degree currently shown is also not generally used.

Looking very good otherwise. Will add some 2.1 suggestions in the other thread.

* Orest
Orest Skrypuch

Postby Orest Skrypuch » 30 Apr 2010, 02:28

<bump>
Orest Skrypuch

Return to Announcements