FS Recorder 2.1 beta released

Announcements about new releases

Moderator: noisy

FS Recorder 2.1 beta released

Postby noisy » 24 Dec 2010, 12:04

OK, here's my Christmas present for you ;) , the first beta of FS Recorder 2.1 is now available for download.
I hope that there are no critical bugs left [-o< and you can enjoy playing with this version.

Note: If you want to go back to version 2.0 after installing version 2.1, you should install the patched version 2.01 (available on the downloads page) to avoid problems. Otherwise there is no need to upgrade from version 2.0 to 2.01.

Below you find a list of new features and improvements in FS Recorder 2.1:

• Options to automatically save the flight situation (as FS flight file, .FLT) when you start recording and to automatically load it when you start playback
  • Option to save the flight situation when you start playback and restore it after playback ends
  • Position offset options in advanced playback dialog to shift aircraft position along world/aircraft axes
  • Markers can be set during recording or playback at specific points, which can be used
    • as chapter points to which you can jump during playback
    • to trigger playback of a sound file (.wav)
    • to display a text message
    • to pause FS
  • User interface to configure the Autoplay feature, which allows automatic playback of a recorded flight when a saved flight is loaded (could only be configured by editing FSRecorder.ini before)
  • Optional recording and playback of date and time
  • Fly By mode for FS Recorder spot cameras
  • Mouse panning and mouse wheel zoom for FS Recorder cameras, similar to default FSX cameras
  • Moving of aircraft focus point for FS Recorder tower and spot cameras
  • More camera settings for configuring e.g. step sizes for moving of cameras with keyboard shortcuts
  • FS Recorder cameras support panning axes now
  • Fixed playback jitter problems occuring during formation flights or in smoothed spot camera views under the following conditions:
    • FSX with Acceleration pack only: Frame rate is between 40 and 45 or between 60 and 90 frames per second
    • Frame rate is above 120 frames per second
    (if simulation rate is changed, these frame rate numbers have to be multiplied with the simulation rate)

Download links for FS Recorder 2.1 beta:

FSX version
FS2004 version

Merry Christmas to all of you!

P.S.: An experimental alpha version to test the announced video rendering feature will be released in the next days.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Re: FS Recorder 2.1 beta released

Postby sturman » 24 Dec 2010, 13:30

Perfectly well!
Huge work!
A lot of the new features has appeared in the program!
Thank you very much, Matthias!
Merry Christmas!
sturman

Postby sturman » 25 Dec 2010, 08:10

There are two remarks.
The first insignificant - markers don't work on acceleration x16.
The second and more serious - doesn't work a function "jump to next marker".
All in FS9.
P.S: There no ability after FSR Spot cameras to switch to FS Default spot camera.
Last edited by sturman on 25 Dec 2010, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
sturman

Postby noisy » 25 Dec 2010, 09:50

sturman wrote:The first insignificant - markers don't work on acceleration x16.

Yes, currently markers only work up to 10x acceleration. Should I change that?

The second and more serious - doesn't work a function "jump to next marker".

Hmm, here it works fine. If you set the markers as chapter points, you should be able to jump to the previous/next using the respective control window buttons or key shortcuts (by default the Home and End keys).

P.S: There no ability after FSR Spot cameras to switch to FS Default spot camera.

You're right, seems the menu entries for default cameras don't work, will look into that. By using the keyboard to cycle through cameras you can however get back to the default view.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby bigcringe » 25 Dec 2010, 10:20

Ok this is going to sound stupid but i have downloaded both 2.1 and 2.1 beta and when i install it and run up my flight sim i select fsrecorder i only see version 2.0. :(
Any help on this would be great.
Thanx Bigcringe.
bigcringe

Postby noisy » 25 Dec 2010, 10:26

bigcringe wrote:Ok this is going to sound stupid but i have downloaded both 2.1 and 2.1 beta and when i install it and run up my flight sim i select fsrecorder i only see version 2.0. :(

There is version 2.1 beta and version 2.01 (a patched 2.0 version), which one did you install?
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby bigcringe » 25 Dec 2010, 11:30

I installed 2.01 first into my flightsim. I removed my old fsrecorder version 2.0. When this did not work i removed 2.01 and tried the beta version, when i tried my flight sim and went onto fsrecorder i clicked onto the advanced play option and it was the same as version 2.0 ie no offset option.

Thanx for your quick reply.
bigcringe

Postby Sethis » 25 Dec 2010, 11:35

Hello and happy holidays to everyone

Noisy I tested version 2.1 beta and the problem regarding the fps limiter is no longer present :o .
I uploaded my test flights in case you want to examine them. Thanks a lot for correcting it.

Cheers
Sethis

Postby sturman » 25 Dec 2010, 12:16

noisy wrote:Yes, currently markers only work up to 10x acceleration. Should I change that?

I would like to use 16x if it doesn't complicate the program.

Hmm, here it works fine. If you set the markers as chapter points, you should be able to jump to the previous/next using the respective control window buttons or key shortcuts (by default the Home and End keys).

It works on those markers which have been inserted during record time through dialogue. But inserted into the text file and compiled markers don't work as chapters (I imply sound, pause and text markers).
Last edited by sturman on 25 Dec 2010, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
sturman

Postby bigcringe » 25 Dec 2010, 12:25

I got the new version to work on fs2004 :lol: :lol:
You really have created one great bit of software, thank you. =D>
bigcringe

Next

Return to Announcements