FSX Steam edition and Prepar3D

Announcements about new releases

Moderator: noisy

Re: FSX Steam edition and Prepar3D

Postby Neiljet » 28 Jan 2017, 14:49

I think it's madness. I was an FS9 user for many years, using FSRecorder for all my videos.

Noisy, you are a diamond for all the work you put in to this project over the years. You gave the whole Flightsim community something really special. And I for one will always be so grateful.

However, FSX-SE and P3D are the now. If you were to develop or update FSRecorder to work fully just like in previous versions of the sim, you would make an absolute fortune. Marketing it on Simmarket for example, it would take no time at all for the community to click on and you would, as I say be raking it in. I for one would happily pay for this software if you made it a payware release. I can't speak for all the other users, but I suspect I wouldn't be alone in that.
Neiljet

Postby Mick » 02 Feb 2017, 21:31

I totally agree with paying for this, please take my money [-o<
Mick

Postby PrestonIV » 30 Mar 2017, 01:17

I found a video on YouTube to make this work for FSX Steam Edition, and for Windows 10. I'm not sure about other operating systems.

You need to download this version from this site: FS RECORDER 1.331 (12.01.2009)

Install fsrecorder as you normally would. Navigate to the install folder, mine was the default C:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX Change the file RecorderFSX .dll to RecorderFSX1.dll (note the 1 after FSX).

Now navigate to FSX folder that contains your dll.xml file. Same folder that contains your fsx.cfg file.

C:\Users\your name here\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX Where ever your %appdata% folder is on your system.

Now edit the dll.xml file with notepad and make sure this entry is there:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FS Recorder Module</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\RecorderFSX1.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

If it isn't, then copy and paste it at the end between </Launch.Addon> and </SimBase.Document>
If its already there, just make sure the Path line has the 1 after RecorderFSX.dll so it shows like the one above.

Example of the last 1/3 of my Dll.xml file below:
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Dx10Fixer interface</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\DX10SceneryFixer\Libraries\dx10SimC.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FS Recorder Module</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\RecorderFSX1.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>as_connect</Name>
<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Mine was already there, so I just needed to edit the line and add the 1 before .dll

You wont have full functions, but it will record and playback your recorded flights. Also, you will get a splash screen at FSX startup stating that full functionality may not be possible. Just hit Ok. Now FS Recorder should show under your Add-ons tab when flying in FSX.

Preston
PrestonIV

Postby chris » 29 May 2017, 18:46

Hello Matthias,
long time fan of your work! =D>
first time posting on your forums :)

with Prepar3D v4 x64 coming out in just few days;
as a beta team member i was trying to install FS-Recorder into P3Dv4;
as you expect it didn't work since v4 runs nativity as a 64 bit application now;
it also expect addons to follow suite, installing FS Recorder into v4 results in error

is it possible to compile FSRecorder_FSX.dll Alpha with 64bit support?
(currently using FS Recorder for FSX Version 2.181 alpha (Built Aug 19 2012) with FSX successfully)
i refuse to use any other addon for Sim recording when FS Recorder exist,

Code: Select all
[error.0]
error=Error loading "D:\Program Files\FS Recorder for P3D\RecorderFSX.dll." in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml.".  DLL is 32 bit.  A 64 bit version is required.

TIA
Chris Bell
Creative Design Studios
chris

Postby Neiljet » 10 Jun 2017, 14:18

Hi Chris

To be honest I wouldn't hold your breath.
Noisy isn't interested, doesn't even reply.

It's a crime that such a brilliant tool as this is denied to FSX-SE and P3D users, and indeed future simmers.
Neiljet

Previous

Return to Announcements