FSX Steam edition and Prepar3D

Announcements about new releases

Moderator: noisy

Re: FSX Steam edition and Prepar3D

Postby Hopeless » 23 Mar 2015, 03:29

noisy wrote:FS Recorder 1.3 is mostly based on SimConnect and uses only few hacks.
If it detects an unsupported FS version,
  • it shows a warning at startup
  • disables all hacks (as they would most probably result in a crash to desktop)
  • falls back to SimConnect only
This leads to some limitations, one of them is that crash detection is not turned off automatically during playback (as this needs one of the hacks).

FS Recorder 2.x uses a lot more hacks than 1.3 (the latest alpha versions rely only on hacks and use no more SimConnect), so there is no fallback for unsupported FS versions.

I hope I find some time in the next weeks to get the Steam edition and determine how much effort it is to update FS Recorder for it.

Any news? :)
Hopeless

Postby FSR Orphan » 31 Mar 2015, 12:14

Please, Matthias... I hope you have good news.. Please, please, please... We can't survive without FS Recorder.. :D :oops: :oops:
FSR Orphan

Postby Pedro » 31 Mar 2015, 12:27

Guest wrote:
Ace wrote:You can make my year by explaining how you accomplished that,,,

Just a manual install.
I've also ran the legacy Simconnect installers.

Could you tell me step by step to make it work? Because I did a manuall install (just paste recorder.dll in modules folder) and nothing happened. Thanks.
Pedro

Postby Livingston » 04 Apr 2015, 21:26

noisy wrote:Currently there is no FS Recorder version for FSX Steam Edition or Prepar3D.

During the last three years I found no time for FS Recorder development and almost no time for flight simming. Currently I can't tell when/if I can continue development, and if there will be a version for FSX Steam or P3D.

Hi Noisy,
FS Recorder is fantastic. I use it very often under FSX free flight for training or to make video. It is really missing to the community under Prepar3D, and personally, i can pay for it.

The FS Recorder 1.3 works well with P3D but you have added so much features in the following releases ...
Any chance to develop a version for P3D ?

Tell us what you expect to do but, in any case, thanks for FS Recorder.
Livingston
Livingston

Postby CathayA340 » 19 Apr 2015, 12:12

Hello Noisy,
Out of all of the addons made for flight sim, the one that I need most is Fs Recorder.Thank you so much for your hard work developing it, so many people appreciate it!
Recently, I switched to Prepar3D and noticed that my most needed addon was not compatible with it. I use the FSR alpha version to render and record videos which is extremely important for me and many others.
It would be fantastic for you to develop a version of FSRecorder alpha (or even regular) for Prepar3d. I would also pay for it, no matter the cost..FSR is an addon I must have! Although version 1.3 works with P3D, there are some compatibility issues in the startup and addon. I do understand that you have a lot of other things to take care of, so please, make that your priority, not fs recorder!

Thank you so much for your continued help / support!
CathayA340
CathayA340

Postby riccardo74 » 29 Apr 2015, 20:11

Again, non news on this item? Any hope?
riccardo74

Postby BAW756 » 21 May 2015, 17:45

Any News about the steam edition update? This is one of the best pieces of software I use for FSX and it is so annoying it doesn't work with Steam. I know personal life comes first, but I'm sure I join in with everyone saying that we don't mind paying for this bit software, as it is so important to us :) many Thanks Andy
BAW756

Postby alank » 22 May 2015, 01:06

Pedro wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ace wrote:You can make my year by explaining how you accomplished that,,,

Just a manual install.
I've also ran the legacy Simconnect installers.

Could you tell me step by step to make it work? Because I did a manuall install (just paste recorder.dll in modules folder) and nothing happened. Thanks.

I also achieved zero result using the manual install technique attempting to install v1.331 into P3D v2.4.11570.0
Anyone out there care to offer some help?
Cheers
Alan
alank

Postby ArcHammer » 13 Jul 2015, 04:13

I really do hope this great tool gets updated. Mainly the render function. Being able to play back at a smooth 30FPS without worrying about add ons being used would be great, but also being able to use the different views FSRecorder supplies would be extremely useful. (Eg. not having the camera locked to the aircraft's movements)
Please keep us updated if you start work on updating it. I'm sure steam edition users like myself and Prepar3d users are itching to be able to use FSRecorder in its full 'hacked' glory!
Thanks.
ArcHammer

Postby ocallaj » 07 Aug 2015, 19:04

Thanks Matthias, for an awesome tool that has served the community so well for so long. If you are "retiring" from simming and FSrecorder development, is there any chance of releasing the source code so the community can carry on the torch?

Thanks again :)
ocallaj

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements