Announcements about new releases

Moderator: noisy

Re: FSX Steam edition and Prepar3D

Postby diggers33 » 03 Jul 2016, 06:23

Pedro wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ace wrote:You can make my year by explaining how you accomplished that,,,

Just a manual install.
I've also ran the legacy Simconnect installers.

Could you tell me step by step to make it work? Because I did a manuall install (just paste recorder.dll in modules folder) and nothing happened. Thanks.

Yes, I know how you feel. I wanted to record some formation flying with 617 Squadron Dambuster Lancasters as my dad was a rear gunner in the RAF during WW2. I tried FSX Recorder version 2.1 without success. However I didn't give up and after quite a bit of research have been able to install Version 1.3.3.1 as follows :
1. make sure you run FSX as Administrator (create administer account from Start button)
2. Open Computer/Disc C/X86 files/steam/steamapps/common/fsx
3. The list includes a file "SDK" - open it and double click on "core utilities"
4. Open "legacy interfaces" and you will find three simconnect files listed. The important one is "FSX SP1".
5. You need to install this file( either right click and select 'install)or left click and select the bottom item which is Windows installer. I installed all 3 and suggest you do the same.
6. Use AUTO install for version 1.3.3.1
When you start FSX you know you have got somewhere if you get a warning pop up telling you FS Recorder is not fully compatible with your version of FSX - just click on 'OK'. When you go to free flight and hit the menu tab (ALT) you should see the Addons tab - click this and the Recorder menu drops down - to big cheers !!
It is not perfect but workable ( I dropped resolution from 1980/1020 to 1600/900 to reduce stuttering)
I wish you luck - it's worth a go, I have already had some fun with it until an authentic Steam edition comes along. Cheers
diggers33

Postby WizDaGamer » 16 Jul 2016, 05:00

Any news Noisy? We really need this... I get you don't have much time but seriously...isn't working for me.. its not replicating what should be happening like its over speeding, GPWS keeps going off, and its just not working for me...
WizDaGamer

Postby CAG2 » 23 Aug 2016, 11:56

This should fix EVERYONE's problems with installing FSRecorder v1.331 onto FSX:SE and end all questions. Basically, you don't have SimConnect, or it isn't the right version. I had found a way to get it working with FSX:SE, and below I will provide a step by step guide on how to install it for FSX:SE. (I have no tested with P3D, but I assume it works similarly.)

Before starting, I recommend you uninstall FSRecorder if you have used the AUTO installer. If you installed it manually, then go on.

1) Go to http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect. Here, you will find the SimConnect version that FSPassengers has provided for everyone. Download simconnect.zip from that page.
    2) Once installed, open the SimConnect in this order: RTM, SP1, XPACK. It is normal for the installer to close immediately after opening, it is not a problem. If the installer does open as expected, follow the instructions it provides you with.

If you have already done a MANUAL install of FSRecorder, then skip step 3.

3) Do a MANUAL install of FSRecorder. I have not tested it with the auto-installer, but I have doubt it will work properly. Refer to the manual that comes with the installation package.
    4) Start FSX:SE. Click "Trust" on everything that pops up. Then, when you get the message where it says it will launch with limited functionality, hit "OK".
    5) Go fly! You will notice that there is a new menu bar item (press "ALT" to show the menu bar if you haven't already) called "Add-ons". When you open this menu, there will be a submenu called "Recorder". This is where you will find all the various controls. I will not do a tutorial on how to use it in this post, that's another man's job.

Hope this tutorial helped! Enjoy :D
CAG2

Postby Livingston » 24 Aug 2016, 17:04

Hi CAG and thanks for the community.
The v1.331 was the beginning of FS Recorder and some features are ... "limited", like the recording limited to 1/8 s. So, i can't use it for my personal purpose.
Maybe do you know a tip to override this limitation ?
Thanks for help.
Livingston

Postby CAG2 » 24 Aug 2016, 22:48

Livingston wrote:Hi CAG and thanks for the community.
The v1.331 was the beginning of FS Recorder and some features are ... "limited", like the recording limited to 1/8 s. So, i can't use it for my personal purpose.
Maybe do you know a tip to override this limitation ?
Thanks for help.

Hi Livingston,

Unfortunately I have found no work-around to this problem. However, the limited functionality version works fine, as you can still record, play, and playback with all the animations (apart from the pmdg 777.)
CAG2

Postby CajunRon » 24 Sep 2016, 15:58

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I still get "Problem occurred during SimConnect initiliaztion" error. Doing a search on SimConnect.dlla after following the above instructions, I show a total of 22 installations of SimConnect in various directories (I have a dual installation of FSX and FSX-SE). This is after uninstalling both automatic installations of FSRecorder (2.1 for FSX and 1.331 for FSX-SE)

12 of the files are named "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll", 7 are named "SimConnect.dll", one is named Microsoft.ESP.SimConnect.dll and one named BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.dll.

I suspect this may be the problem (a total mess of SimConnect installations). Is there anyway to "uninsall" all of these SimConnects and start over with the organized approach suggested here?
CajunRon

Postby Livingston » 19 Oct 2016, 18:49

Hi Noisy
And one more time, thanks for FS Recorder but we need you ...
We know that v1.331 is the present response of FS Recorder for P3D.
This release was the beginning and the limitation of recording to 1/8s makes it unsuitable for making movies because of stuttering.
I can paid you for a P3D release of FSRecorder_FSX_2-18a ...

Thanks in advance.
Livingston

Postby Livingston » 23 Oct 2016, 18:43

Hi
As said earlier, the v1.331 is the present response of FS Recorder for P3D.
Just a question : is there a way to force the current limitation of recording which is 1/8s (the same for playback) ?
It makes FS recorder unsuitable because of stuttering.
Thanks for help.
Livingston

Postby Guest » 07 Jan 2017, 23:03

I tried 1.331 tonight with P3Dv3.2 and overall it worked OK but the flaps didn't move and this was in the NGX.

I also bought a tool similar to FS Recorder called FlightControlReplay but I never was able to have it working OK. Lots of weird issues.

For this reason I figured I would give FS Recorder a go and it was great to see it working at least partially.

Like so many others I really miss FS Recorder and I would be more than willing to pay a considerable amount for a proper P3Dv3 version with full support for the PMDG NGX.

Postby cloudy » 16 Jan 2017, 20:26

Hi, i see many differents tutorials pretending showing how to let fsrecorder run with steam edition, could you tell
us, as fsrecorder's author, if you know, or heard about, a way to do that that would be effective?
Thanks
cloudy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements