FS Recorder 2.17 alpha

Downloads of unfinished development versions

Moderator: noisy

FS Recorder 2.17 alpha

Postby noisy » 15 Aug 2011, 12:10

So, before I go on vacation, here's another alpha version for you. It includes the following new features and changes:

Recording/playback:
  • "Extended Controls" (preliminary) option in recorded data: Records full position of ailerons, elevators, rudder, flaps, gear and nose wheel steering (in addition to only the respective control inputs recorded without that option).
  • Added manual pitch correction.

Video Rendering:
  • Added options to improve scenery loading.
  • Added option to stabilize sim rate.
  • Added option to freeze rendering for some time on camera switch (for texture loading).

Cameras:
  • Added option to use middle mouse button for mouse panning.
  • Added options to adjust distance with mouse wheel instead of zoom for follow/fly by spot cameras.
  • Added smooth panning.
  • Added different types of smoothing for position/panning/zoom.
  • Added option for +-360° mouse panning.
  • Added key shortcut to toggle mouse panning.
  • Added manual panning for follow spot camera mode.
  • Added marker type for switching cameras.
  • Global, flight and aircraft specific cameras.
  • Added incremental panning option for tower cameras.

Miscellaneous:
  • Remember file dialog paths for different file types.
  • Added support for ESP.
  • No more use of SimConnect.
  • Some other fixes and improvements.

Note that the FRC converter does not yet support the new features (extended data and switch camera markers)!

Downloads:

Read this first: http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=682
If you have not used the video rendering yet, read how it works first: http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=564

Download FS Recorder 2.17 alpha for FSX
Download FS Recorder 2.171 alpha for FS2004
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Re: FS Recorder 2.17 alpha

Postby FaosTUBE » 15 Aug 2011, 16:53

FS9 ; version installed 2.17 alpha

I can't render anything now with the new alpha, it crashes just when it resizes the flight simulator window. I'm going back to the previous release.
FaosTUBE

Postby noisy » 15 Aug 2011, 17:26

Will look into that after my vacation.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby sturman » 18 Aug 2011, 23:03

Many thanks! I see all my wishes have appeared in the new version. At all I do not know what to wish more. :D
sturman

Postby Tad777 » 28 Oct 2011, 00:20

I´ve a problem with World walking camera. When I started FSX after installing FS Recorder walking camera has stuck in one airport and I could not find the way how to move it somewhere else. Could anybody tell me what should I do to change the camera location please? Thanks
Tad777

Postby mfastx » 13 Nov 2011, 23:44

Well, I have made a couple of renders successfully with the new alpha verson, but recently, it has been crashing FSX whenever I try to save a flight. :( It will be recording, and I will click "stop" and FSX crashes. The file saved successfully, but I cannot playback the file in a new flight.
mfastx

Postby noisy » 15 Nov 2011, 18:09

mfastx wrote:Well, I have made a couple of renders successfully with the new alpha verson, but recently, it has been crashing FSX whenever I try to save a flight. :( It will be recording, and I will click "stop" and FSX crashes. The file saved successfully, but I cannot playback the file in a new flight.

Can you check, if you have the same problem with the previous alpha (2.16) and/or the 2.1 beta? That would give me a hint where to look for the problem.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby mfastx » 18 Nov 2011, 23:30

noisy wrote:Can you check, if you have the same problem with the previous alpha (2.16) and/or the 2.1 beta? That would give me a hint where to look for the problem.

Thanks for the response. It is not a consistant problem, sometime it will work, sometimes it won't. I have had a problem with the beta I believe. Sorry, but I do not have time to do extensive testing on this, just thought I should let you know that I have had problems with my system running the alpha. However, sometimes it will work fine.
mfastx

Postby mfastx » 20 Nov 2011, 02:11

Hey there, just wanted to post a quick update on my problem. I was using the latest stable version and my computer still crashed, so I think it has something to do with my computer, not the FS Recorder software. I will do some more testing to try to figure out what is going on.
mfastx

Postby noisy » 20 Nov 2011, 10:14

Does it only crash when you stop recording?
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Next

Return to Alpha Releases