FS Recorder 2.18 alpha (Updated 19.08.2012)

Downloads of unfinished development versions

Moderator: noisy

Re: FS Recorder 2.18 alpha

Postby noisy » 16 Jul 2012, 17:01

spokes2112 wrote:Matthias,

1st off, I would like to give you a gracious "Thank You" ! ( Been a user since the FS9 beta's in 2004 ) Anyhow, there seems & 'confirmed' a [smoke] system that can run up to 99 individual controlled effects.. The logic is rather "wacky" though..

I am glad that in version 2.18a that there is now a way to include indexes but I may have found something that I hope can be implemented. I think the built in smoke monitoring facilities may interfere w/ what I would like to accomplish. If I use the "I" key (smoke toggle) while the built in smoke facilities are on I believe the module is recording (smoke toggle) as the command wich will turn on all smokes until the built in logic of the panel controls whats should be on/off. If I use my custom var entry in the .INI none of the smoke seems to get recorded. The water rudder works fine.

I'll try to have a look at this when I have some more time.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby lddihud » 16 Jul 2012, 23:37

Hey Matt

I see exponential potentials possible with this new release!
Best part is:

- in FSRVC mode plus use of ACCU-FEEL (sound) I now can record using any pan method, Track-IR included, and acquire the most realistic sight and sound more than ever before. I simply first replay the track in FRAPS, extracts the FRAPS audio to MP3 (dump the FRAPS video :-P) then play the track in this new version (2.18a), splice the 2 files together in simbiotic perfection and... BAMM! the best videos await, good job Matt!!
lddihud

Postby noisy » 05 Aug 2012, 09:55

@mfastx:

I investigated the date/time problem, and it looks like AI traffic loading hangs when the FS clock is changed several times without reloading traffic in between.
I could even trigger this problem without FS Recorder: I assigned a key shortcut to the CLOCK_SECONDS_ZERO event (which resets clock seconds to zero). If I press that key 20 times and then do something that reloads AI traffic (e.g. increase sim rate above 4x, then reset it), traffic loading hangs forever. If I press it only about ten times, it hangs only for a few seconds and then continues normally.

I fixed the problem by triggering a traffic reload whenever FS Recorder updates the FS clock (which it only does when the clock differs from recorded time by more than a second). However, as that would result in continuous reloading of traffic whenever the sim rate does not match playback speed (e.g. searching backward, reverse playback), I completely disabled clock updating for that case (i.e. the clock is now only updated if the sim rate matches playback speed).

The fix will be in the next alpha release, and if it works without problems, I'll release a bugfix update for version 2.1.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby mfastx » 14 Aug 2012, 15:04

noisy wrote:@mfastx:

I investigated the date/time problem, and it looks like AI traffic loading hangs when the FS clock is changed several times without reloading traffic in between.
I could even trigger this problem without FS Recorder: I assigned a key shortcut to the CLOCK_SECONDS_ZERO event (which resets clock seconds to zero). If I press that key 20 times and then do something that reloads AI traffic (e.g. increase sim rate above 4x, then reset it), traffic loading hangs forever. If I press it only about ten times, it hangs only for a few seconds and then continues normally.

I fixed the problem by triggering a traffic reload whenever FS Recorder updates the FS clock (which it only does when the clock differs from recorded time by more than a second). However, as that would result in continuous reloading of traffic whenever the sim rate does not match playback speed (e.g. searching backward, reverse playback), I completely disabled clock updating for that case (i.e. the clock is now only updated if the sim rate matches playback speed).

The fix will be in the next alpha release, and if it works without problems, I'll release a bugfix update for version 2.1.

Noisy, thanks so much. I will see how it works when you upload the fix.

Cheers.
mfastx

Postby Funky » 17 Aug 2012, 16:01

Hi Matthias,

did some testing with 2.18a on FSX-ACC.

Initially I got FSX crashes until I deleted fsrecorder.ini and let it create a new one. Then I put in my usual settings, which were all the checkboxes for ther user aircraft and the all for the AI up to and including Smoke Effects, and then only Main Exit still. Upon saving FSX crashed again.
I restarted and did the same, however leaving off date and time. Now it worked. The switching on date and time again, first in Instant Recording, then in Record, too, and it still worked (for a while).
I did some video recording with an FRC from 2.1, which worked nice. I tried switching the FSR spot camera. Different from 2.1. it Ctrl-W now recognized all SimObjects, not only aircraft. This had the effect, that the spot camery jumps not only to other aircraft but also to all my helper objects and clouds from my CumulusX! software. I guess, FSR will now record them, too, which would be nice in replaying also the thermal situation along with the flight. If so, I would propose offering a filter, that a user can decide on which kind of simulated objects will be recorded. Meanwhile I have modified CumulusX! such that it can also generate the thermal "picture" only, and does not affect the aircraft anymore (which led to some confusion with FSR replays, previously).
I stopped recording video, replayed it. Then I continued replay of the current FRC file, which worked also. I ended (ESC) the replay and arrived two hours (FSX-time) later at my destination. I tried switching the FSR spot camera again, and it jumped miles away to one of my helper objects, thereby crashing FSX.

best regards,
Peter
Funky

Postby Funky » 17 Aug 2012, 16:14

Update to my prevvious post:

There seems to be a problem with the generation of clouds and helper objects of my CumulusX! software. I gave 2.18a another try in Instant Recording, everything enabled on the user aircraft, except date&time. On AI evertying enabled up and including Smoke Effects and then Main Exit and Airspeed. Record AI was flagged in Instant Recording (usually for the tow plane).
When I started my CumulusX! software, while FSR was in Instant Recording, FSX immediately crashed.
I think there might be something in recording this type of objects, which are "Simple Objects" wich confuses FSX or FSR, e.g. by not providing requested data. Simple Objects do not respond to most aircraft data request and have only a very limited subset (e.g. position, altitude, speed, orientation), but no engine or flight instrumentation data.

best regards,
Peter
Funky

Postby noisy » 18 Aug 2012, 09:53

Funky,

you're right, I just checked that and can confirm your observation. When I enabled airport ground traffic (which I have usually disabled) it was recorded as well, which should not happen. As I removed all SimConnect dependencies in version 2.17a, I now have to use a hack to get a list of all AI aircraft. Obviously that hack returns also other AI objects than aircraft, I have to find a fix for that.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Postby noisy » 18 Aug 2012, 16:57

mfastx wrote:Noisy, thanks so much. I will see how it works when you upload the fix.

OK.

The other problem (crash when enabling recording of extended data for AI traffic) seems to be related to what Funky discovered, that the latest alpha versions also record some other object types (like ground vehicles), which they shouldn't do. I'm already working on that, so that should be fixed as well in the next release.
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Re: FS Recorder 2.18 alpha (Updated 19.08.2012)

Postby noisy » 19 Aug 2012, 09:47

OK, the update for the FSX version is here: http://www.fs-recorder.net/download/dow ... sxrec2181a
Matthias Neusinger
Author of FS Recorder
noisy
Site Admin

Re: FS Recorder 2.18 alpha (Updated 19.08.2012)

Postby Funky » 26 Aug 2012, 13:30

Hi Matthias,

I didn't do any specific FSR testing in the meantime, but had 2.181 doing instant recording in the background as usual. No crashes anymore so far. Camera switching leaves out my helper and cloud objects now and hooks to to AI aircraft but also to AI ships (but no road traffic).

best regards,
Peter
Funky

PreviousNext

Return to Alpha Releases